The Accounts Receivable Management business has been around for as long as there has been credit. But in the early 1990s, we were one of the companies that wanted to change the way things were done. We listened and learned from many customers as they recounted some of the not-so-nice tactics some agencies were using and, frankly, we did not like what we were hearing.
What we knew was this:
- Most people do not intend to fall behind in their bills, but
- sometimes things happen,
- each consumer is going through a period of adjustment to re-establish his or her financial footings and, finally,
- change takes time.
You are not alone in this!
Most of us have had some experience in managing through tough times. We teach our people to give you the respect you deserve and to work with you even if you still need time to put things in order. Our sincere hope is that at least while you are here with us that you have a positive experience and come away from each call with an improved outlook!
The Oliphant Promise
- We train our staff to be compliant with state and federal law as it pertains to our recovery practices. However, we also place emphasis on being compassionate with each person’s circumstance and try to provide solutions that are workable, accommodating, and appealing. Our hope is that you feel better after talking with an Oliphant agent.
- If you are an active member of any of the US armed forces, please let us know and we will cease collection activity. We have special balance reduction programs for servicemembers when they become ready to start making payments.
- We do our best to avoid contacting you if you are in a FEMA disaster area.
- We offer flexible payment programs to satisfy nearly any budget because we know you may still need time to get back on your feet. We want to provide you with options that are sensible and realistic.
- Once your balance is resolved, we provide you with our letter as a hard-copy evidence to that effect.